Sprint Retrospective 2

For most of this sprint, we tried to make progress on coming up with specific design ideas to implement the offline module. We didn’t accomplish much concretely on this front, since generating design ideas was so broad of a task that it left us without much direction. The sheer size of the application makes it difficult to parse. I believe the documentation being consolidated in the new channel about how AMPATH works will be very helpful in the coming sprints.

The concrete tasks we did manage to get done included getting ng2-amrs built on everyone’s computer and getting everyone’s local version connected to the server. We checked out Balsamiq and the wireframes there as they got added. We all read the user stories and their associated tasks.

In our most productive work class, we worked on figuring out how ng2-amrs checks whether it’s connected to the internet. We wanted to see if there was an easy way to know whether an internet connection is available and decide which version of the app a user should see and interact with based on that, for the requirement that transitions between offline and online states should be seamless. We discussed this with the group behind us, and we worked together for a bit searching for the files containing the relevant code and attempting to understand how it functioned. We also tried to decide if we should be constantly checking the status of the internet connection when we write that piece of the offline module, or if there was a more efficient way.

Although writing and submitting abstracts for posters at several events were tasks for this sprint, we ultimately decided not to do them in favor of working on tasks that applied to the application itself.

Our team worked well together this sprint. We all showed up for both work days during the week. We shared information and communicated our ideas and concerns more easily. Toward the end of the sprint, we started feeling that we wanted to focus on the offline login and offline data storage task for the offline module. We discovered on the day of the retrospective that another team had also been focusing on this task. Since they had gotten further than we had on the offline storage aspect, we decided to take the offline login piece of the task. Going forward, we’re going to make sure we have a clear understanding of what work we’re doing in relation to other teams and narrow our focus.

Mostly what I learned during this sprint was the necessity of outside research. In future sprints, I am going to dedicate more time to acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary for the tasks we’re working on. Our path forward is clearer. The AMPATH team provided some links to give us ideas for offline authentication in the google document containing the user stories. I plan on taking a look at them and working on creating something that can successfully encrypt and store a salted password locally, even if it’s not what ends up getting used in the offline module.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s